Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sunday Evening Post

Hi guys,

I am still in the midst of an incredibly crazy, busy, stressful run.  And I'm not even talking about today's launch for the Jason Wu for Target line!  So I'm gonna be brief today.

First, I found some more old things in a box today.  Look familiar?






And...




Did these images tug at some old heart strings?  Are you also holding onto some of your junior high trinkets?  Or did you toss them like flaming garbage?  If you chose to cling to them, like I have, why do you think you did this?  Because it reminds you of good memories of "way back when?"  The design?  Collector's habit?  Or pure laziness?  Am I the only one sitting on stuff like this???

Second, so what do you think of the Jason Wu launch?  My friends and I are still debating whether it's as nutty as the Missoni for Target collaboration.  While I have yet to hear about any websites tumbling down, some pals have reported a repeat of what the stores experienced on opening day:  lines out the door, pushing, shoving, snapping up everything in sight before others could, women eyeing other women's carts like circling vultures, and all that cray-cray jazz.

Did you partake or refrain?  Hit the stores or shopped from the safety of your home?  Maybe you just raised the big sign that says, "PASS" on it?  Or are you still thinking about your long strand of faux pearls from the Limited Express?

Whether your brain is idling in the era of telephones that were nailed into the wall (and had a long, curling cord) or trying not to fritz out with your iPhone 4S, I'm hoping my past neon brights or current speculations on the Jason Wu line will compel you to share your own two cents :)



Images:  my own

No comments: