Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's All About You

Happy Leap Day!  Also, apparently, Happy Propose To Your Dude Day.  Who knew?  I didn't til I checked out the details on this every four year event.

I thought I'd take advantage of the whole role reversal thing and let *you* do the talking for this post.  I know, I know, I've done this before...  trying to get you to open up and share what you like.  But when I check in to see who's checking out my posts (you're grouped by country, no individual stats, I promise you), I just get all excited.  Besides my usual guests from Germany, Russia and all over the USA, I've had drop-ins from South Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Latvia...  even Saudi Arabia and Australia!  (Note:  I think I know which stylish lady is popping in from Colombia ;)  It gives me 8th grade butterflies to know I've got an international crowd.

And I want to use today's "women proposing to men" angle to be the woman proposing to her readers to share what you like:  favorite store, designer, cocktail, accessory?  Do tell!  Instead of visually listening to me yap about what I love, it's your turn to lend a voice.  It makes things more interesting, and I welcome the chance to get to know *you* just a wee bit better.  Maybe we shop at the same stores?  Eat at the same restaurants?  Drool over the same designers?  I'm only sorry that I didn't pay closer attention to shops and brands whenever I was abroad:  Berlin, Seoul, Milan, Budapest, Nairobi, and Madrid.  Sigh.  If only I could go back in time and kick my younger self.

So, without further ado, I'm going to exercise the rare action of shutting up and letting you do the "liking."  Need a springboard?  Here are a few things I like:

DVF dresses, Botkier purses, Tory Burch ballet flats, Citizens of Humanity jeans, fresh lobster rolls, BBQ, house music, the McQueen show at the Met this past summer, traveling, Jameson on the rocks, old photos of the house I grew up in, summers in the Midwest, pocky, learning languages, Yoyamart in NYC, kalbi, Down East Maine, bourbon drinks, mezcal, pretty much anything fried (including sweetbreads), drawing, the bookstore in Marienplatz (in 1993), vintage Esprit & Swatch, all sorts of random things...

Your turn...





Image:  Boy, I had a hard time coming up with an image for this topic.  I ultimately settled on a picture my husband took from a concert we attended at Red Rocks a couple of years ago.  I'll just pretend it's all of you :)

10 comments:

-Vivi said...

I like pina coladas, and walks in the rain. :) (sorry couldnt' resist) But I DO like pina coladas, though margaritas are my favorite cocktail. Designers? I like Custo Barcelona, Missoni, El Naturalista, to name a few.

Anonymous said...

Right now I can't stop thinking about Mary Katrantzou. This might immediately give away who I am. Otherwise, when Tsumori Chisato did their "Circus Circus" line, I was enamored. Every season is different, and it changes which designers I love, so it is hard to say.
Also, I love traveling. Places and things I want to do NOW (if I had the $$!): visit the Amalfi Coast and all its windy staircases carved out of a cliff (they don't have a city map!), scuba dive the cenotes in Mexico paired with hacienda hopping: http://www.exsus.com/destinations/mexico-and-central-america/Mexico/Haciendas, and go Zumthor-architecture-hopping in Germany and Switzerland.

afelder33 said...

Okay I'm loving the pina colada post, how can I top that? Here it goes---I like (love really) Louis Vuitton monogram purses; Tory Burch shoes (especially ballet flats); hanky panky thongs (I hope the IT police at my office aren't reading this); wildfox t-shirts, almost all designer jeans but especially seven for all mankind, joe's, rock & republic, current elliott; la prarie lipstick; ugg boots and clogs (comfy); merrell barefoot running style shoes (ditto); toy watches; tag watches; birkenstocks; donald pliner, stuart weitzman, and frye shoes. Those are the things I like which I have, but things I covet and don't have include anything Missoni or Chanel. I love a good margarita, a good buttery chardonnay, pinot noir, chips and cheese dip, coffee ice cream, dark chocolate anything, and I am into champagne (sorry had to throw that last part in!).

Anonymous said...

I love.....

The view out of my home office window, blue sky, palm trees and a sliver of mountain.
The moment during a long run when everything clicks and I can almost fly.
A perfect ballet flat, for me that is the London Sole Ballet Sneaker.
A home cooked meal that all 4 of my family members enjoy.
Brunch, lunch or dinner out that includes at least one pal and a glass of very grapefruity sauvignon blanc.
The Princess Bride.
A well made handbag that can be pulled out season after season.
The way a pair of high heels makes my entire body look better.
A nipped in waist and a full skirt.

One bite of dessert.

Anonymous said...

I like..... The way I feel after a run, turning off my blackberry (once the anxiety passes!), Tory Burch flats, LV, amazon.com, books, dogs, naps even though I rarely fall asleep, snow!!!, wine nights with friends

axagrl said...

a few loves......
the Hamptons in summer, Veuve Cliquot champagne, my own bed after a long vacation...my hubby...a beautifully crafted sentence..singing harmony.

Designer loves: Missoni, Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang, AllSaints....vintage 60's brocade, nicely worn denim, boots and sandals....

Vanessa A. said...

I love books, sushi, red lipstick, heels, boots, cupcakes, lilies, heart shaped sunglasses, red wine, absinthe, flavored vodka, Betsey Johnson, peacock feathers and old keys.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, let's see....I love Missoni, Michael Kors, Lucky Brand, Prana, Frye boots, Ugg boots and clogs, Ray-Ban aviators, and pretty much anything (clothes, jewelry, and home goods!) sold at Anthropologie or in the Sundance catalog.

Anonymous said...

Chanel mixed with J Crew:). Shes shoes and more shoes! A strapless cocktail dress with a pretty 1920s set of earls with a jeweled clasp. Alexander Mcqueen for workware. Anytime I can get to Mexico. The Longhorns, and a renewed reason to be a Browns fan! Marni, when its not too frumpy, and a Vampirita (blood orange margarita) at my vavorite Latin American fusion place!

maggiemarch said...

I absolutely loved reading these! I spied many likes that coincide with mine (especially the margaritas, Tory Burch ballet flats, and J. Crew). You are definitely my kind of ladies! Thanks for sharing - it's great to hear what makes the other side of my screen happy! Cheers!