Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Hearts Day

Just popping on here to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.  Whether you had a date night with your honey, raised a glass with good friends to celebrate the platonic love y'all share, or split a bottle of cabernet with your cats (OK, maybe you drank their share ;), it's worth noting that today isn't just for lovey-dovey, "You're a schmoopy" sentiments.  I know I've said it before, but February 14th should be shared with family and friends, too.  And if you happen to have a "schmoopy," then hey, you can drink the Hallmark kool-aid without shame.  My husband and I did - and why not?  He surprised me at work today with this sweet gift:



"Oh look," you're saying (maybe all doe-eyed, or perhaps trying to fork stab your eye).  "He got her a cute little owl.  And some champagne."

Owl, yes.  Champagne, no.  It's better than bubbly - check it out:




That's right - Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Boulevard Chocolate Ale!  I'm not much for flowers, but I do love chocolate - and even better in this form :)  Husband knows me well - he did himself proud here.

Our Valentine's Day also included the celebration of a friend's birthday, which included Mexican food, margaritas, and for the birthday girl:  a sombrero, a flaming shot, and a spin at the birthday wheel (which resulted in a gift card to the restaurant).

All in all, a very excellent day.  For me, my "schmoopy," and my friends.  And I hope for you, too.

And, should you not know what a "schmoopy" is, I'll let the legendary Seinfeld episode speak for itself:




Happy Hearts Day!!
Maggie

No comments: