Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Denim Developments...

I think it's time for another one of my "?" entries.  You know, the ones where I trot out a new trend and sort of give it the stink-eye treatment.  It's not that I totally hate it.  You just won't see me running out to scoop up a bunch of these guys.  But my limited taste doesn't mean you don't have to love these.  Maybe you're proudly sporting a pair as I type?

I'm talkin' 'bout all those printed jeans.  Stockists keep stocking them.  Maybe this is because it's like every denim designer has embraced the trend.  I've noticed what started as a steady trickle really ramped up to the fact that seemingly a third of Revolve's "New Arrivals" (posted on Tuesday night) consisted of said  denim dreams.  Seriously, that single post showcased stuff from nearly every one of their regular jeans brands.

Take a look, starting with AG Jeans:



The ikat pattern is everywhere...




Ahh, reminds me of the days of acid wash jeans...




Bleulab carries on the python trend:




One of my favorite denim brands, Citizens of Humanity, introduced these eye-poppers earlier:




Yep, you can show off your flower power in shorts, too!




Current Elliott's designs:



You can combine two trends here...



The most conservative of the bunch?




J. Brand's latest:




Joe's Jeans...




Relative newcomer Mother denim, which my friend and her sister adore for their softness, redefines "Yowza."  Patterns aren't enough for you?  You want a full-on landscape painted on your lower half?  Consider it done:


Lest we forget your backside:




They also offer those normal, boring patterns:



Rag & Bone gets all 80's on us...




Rich & Skinny...




And, closing out today's set, more shorts from Siwy:




How are your eyes adjusting?  Mine are still refocusing.  What's funny is that, as crazy as I was for Missoni for Target and all those zigzags, I just don't love any of the patterned jeans that I've seen.  OK, I kinda, sorta, maybe like the pink acid wash ones and the darker pink florals.

And while I think I'll pass on all the floral-y jeans by Citizens, they do give me a mild case of the warm fuzzies.  But perhaps that's just because they remind me of this:



Now *that's* what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Happy Thursday,
Maggie


All images:  Revolve.com


1 comment:

Anamarie said...

In high school, I had a pair of Guess plaid jeans similar to those blue ones - but mine were yellow, black and red!! OMG. I like the J Brand floral pair, but honestly, don't think I would ever want to rock patterned jeans again.