Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

The End of an Era





I'm not a super mushy person, but tonight has left me feeling a little emo.  After nearly 6 whopping months, I decided it was time to leave the cozy virtual cocoon of my Missoni trading group on Facebook.  Like many of the members, I can't deny that life is tapping its toes impatiently, demanding that I quit yapping about now rarer-than-Sasquatch Missoni for Target sightings (in the stores) and other topics.  Patient but weary husbands, kids, and partners are hoping to reclaim most of our quality time.  And rightly so.

Yet, after nearly half a year of something that far exceeded simply trying to nab a coveted item, I felt a little lump in my throat when I clicked this simple Facebook button:

"Leave Group."

As I've already mentioned here, I've formed friendships, fallen in love with all the adorable photos of my pals' cats and dogs, and even helped raise money for causes ranging from autism to MS.  And in between, we've had many good laughs, as well as some supportive words for those who posted about some hard times.  

It's kind of like the end of a small but significant era.  I'm a little sadder than I expected to be upon leaving the group.  On the other hand, a number of us have crossed over from being friends strictly on that page to now being "regular" Facebook friends.

While I have many fashionable pals (including one of my besties, who recently relocated to Michigan - boohoo), I've truly enjoyed being a part of this group and sharing in our obsession of all things zig-zag.  And though this may mean I've closed a door to one phase in my life, it has certainly opened more doors of friendship that have grown beyond the material.





Images:  my own


1 comment:

Kheng said...

We will miss you in the group. We can now follow each other on our blogs :)