Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Found...

Does anyone remember this catalog?  Or, better yet, still have one?



Yes, it's a "vintage" (I cringe to accept that fact) Esprit catalog.  And, yep, one that I've stashed all these years after having received it in the mail back in, um, 1988 or something like that.  I was recently talking with someone at work about fashion and nostalgia, and I hope to start sharing my absolute love for this company, when it was in its glory days, through images and my own thoughts.  In fact, I'm so obsessed with the Esprit of ye olde tyme that I acquired a now out-of-print design bible of sorts.  It's a nice, thick coffee table-friendly book that encompasses all their design endeavors, from the obvious (clothing and graphics) to the more subtle (they paired with influential designers, photographers and architects to create a very thorough, thoughtful brand).  I can't wait to start reading it, and all the photos in the book are like a memory slingshot.

For now, enjoy this little blast from the past, and let me know if there's a brand that still tugs at your heart, even if it went out of business long ago.




2 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

I think about Multiples and Koala Blu all the time. The latter may have just been an Edina thing, but it was a cute store in the Galleria with ridiculously overpriced leggings and such that we all loved. :-)

maggiemarch said...

Yes, I remember Koala Blue too! In fact, I had a couple things from the 900 N. Michigan Ave store back home. Also, apparently I can't read, as the catalog says Winter '87 right on the front, so disregard my mumbling of 1988-ish :)