Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pinwheeling Down the Slippery Slope

Apparently 2012 means a whole lot of crazy on my plate, so I have been trying to deal with all the nuttiness without finally throwing my hands up in the air, doing my best Wilhelm scream, and running promptly for the nearest cliff.

Since my blog has been giving me the neglected side-eye, I figured I'd better post a couple of quick things.

First of all, check out this beauty, which I saw just now on Botkier's facebook page:


Is she gorgeous, or what?  I like that it conjures up images of my fashionable grandma, and it's just a fab, fab color.  The palest of blues. 

Secondly, I joined Pinterest.

People have already warned me about the addictive nature of this site, which acts as an online community for sharing images and products people like.  I see it as an icy mountainside, where, once you start creeping down the slope, you're pretty much going to land on your bum and go skidding down the rest of it, full speed.  With a lot of pretty pictures passing you by as you hurtle on down towards the base.

Which is cool with me.  Better than jumping off a cliff, right?

Are you on Pinterest?  What do you like about it?  Any tips?  Want to connect (or as they call it, follow)?  Send me your link in the comment section below.  It'll be fun to see what "gefaellts" other people!

OK, back to tending to all the crazy stuff.  Bring it, 2012!  And I'll see you kids in the Pinterest snowpile at the bottom of the slope :)

1 comment:

Anamarie said...

I really like Pinterest and seeing what other people pin. One thing I don't like - there does not seem to be any way to make certain boards/pins private. Sometimes I would like to pin items as reminders to myself and not publish them for the whole world to see.