Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Musings

Ah, the middle of the week.  Thursday is just around the corner, and not far behind that is my favorite time of the week:  5:00 PM on Friday :)

To help tide you over til happy hour commences, here are a few tidbits (of the non-boozy kind):

First up - this email I got from warehouse discount retailer Chickdowntown (which used to be a boutique and has since morphed into something I'm just not that interested in):


I don't know about you, but when in tarnation did size 10 become a plus size?  Our whole battle with body image already has enough arsenal without this numeric reclassification.  Also, given the completely weird sizing that exists today in fashion, I could be a 10.  And I usually wear a 4.  What the heck does that make someone who's a true 10?  As someone who is admittedly not well-versed in the topic, I still don't even think of a size 12 as plus.  And then we could all raise the "What defines a plus-size" flag, anyway.  Mmmmppfff...  not impressed, Chickdowntown.  Not impressed.  Are you as underwhelmed as I am?




Need something to counter the annoying ad above?  Nothing distracts like sparkly stuff, right?  If you live in the Twin Cities, like to shop, and like deals even better...  well, have I got the enabling event for you!  My friend Karin, whose amazing jewelry I drooled over in this post, is having her sample sale this very weekend!  That's right, come on by and check out her gorgeous designs.  Like these:







Here's some serious bling - recycled diamonds.  Sustainable sparkle on sale!  What's not to love here??  (Besides my poor attempt at alliteration):




You know you can't resist!  The sale will be this Saturday and Sunday, 3/31 & 4/1, from noon-5:00 PM.  And, if you're into destination shopping, there will be other lovely artists on the 4th floor of the building, including the gorgeous red purse on my profile pic here, created by BC Designs.  You can find more info here.

**Hey, let's try something:  If you come to the sale after reading this, would you be so awesome as to mention to Karin that you heard about her sale from my blog?  While this does not score you any freebies (hey, her stuff is already marked down ;), it would be fabulous for us to know this post contributed to your visit - many thanks! **



And, to wrap things up, I'll close with ridiculous cuteness.    I like to call it:

"NEIGHBORHOOD KITTEH WELCOMING COMMITTEH!" 



Also known as, random neighbor's super affectionate cat, who was on my doorstep to greet me when I got home from work.  It was somewhat difficult to photograph her, as she kept rubbing up against my legs.  Had she not had tags, I'm pretty sure my husband would be coming home to find a new addition to the family.

Happy Wednesday!  And, if you live in the TC, hope to see you Saturday at Karin's sale!




Images:
Chickdowntown from the Chickdowntown.com email
Karin Jacobson Design courtesy of Karin Jacobson
Welcoming Committee courtesy of my iPhone

No comments: