Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another Welcome Addition

As I reported last December, CB2 landed in our neighborhood, brightening the corner of 31st and Hennepin with its window displays of home décor.  Just a few months later, I'm happy to tell you yet another retailer has joined the party.  Jonathan Adler, a celebrity designer known for his cheery and fun furnishings and accessories, quietly opened his latest retail outpost on Lake Street, between Holmes and Humboldt Avenues.

Yep.  That's two blocks away from our place.  Just like CB2.  Me likey!

Of course, I had to venture in and check out the wares.  The space, like his designs, is bright and colorful.  Packed with all sorts of fun finds, the room feels like the perfect place for a happy hour.  Sipping Kir Royales while relaxing in one of the many fab chairs and couches - sign me up!  In fact, when we stopped in on Saturday afternoon, the friendly salespeople handed us mini-cupcakes!

As usual, you'll get a better idea of the new digs by seeing my photos, so I'll zip it and show you the scene:



The entry lures you right in:






The store is pet-friendly, which is evident not just by some of the items, but also by the cute pooch hiding in the background:






I did a little research on the website and it sounds like JA got his creative start with pottery, some of which you can see below, and many of which are on display throughout the store.














"Whoooo" could go cuckoo in this store and snap up multiple things?





While perusing everything, we ran into our friend, Ini.  He's probably the most stylish (and style-setting) guy I know, and a total sweetheart.  He also owned the late and much-loved Ivy boutique.  I can only hope he'll return to the retail world someday soon.  Damn, I miss that store!  Here, Ini (left) and my DH take a break from shopping.  Two handsome men in some equally handsome chairs:



Speaking of handsome, I'm already coveting this great couch:



Here's a snap of the couch from the website.  And look, Minneapolis store - now open!  Indeed it is!




I'll take the cream chair and ottoman while I'm at it:




As you can see, Jonathan Adler's newest location is a spot where I could part with a good chunk of change.  His designs are fresh and different from the other stores around here, and it adds to the great mix of businesses.  What's nice is you can buy just one piece, yet still change up your dining table/shelves/odd corner in the bedroom completely with that sole purchase.  Or, heh, you can go wild and get that couch.  And chair.  And ottoman.  And...

Welcome to the neighborhood, and thanks for the enabling :)

**P.S.   In the very small event that JA is himself reading this little post, you've got to answer a question for me...  are you actually a Rush fan (your "About" section on the website details your choice of shirt while doing summer camp pottery)?  Because this Rush fan would love to know.


1 comment:

crowdpleaser said...

Ooh jealous. I've been wanting a J.A. needlepoint backgammon set for ages.