Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Foolin'

4.1.2012.

That's right, it's the first of April.  Also known as April Fool's Day.  Lucky for you, I'm too lazy to come up with some witty joke to play on you guys.  But I did enjoy Refinery 29's homepage "har har" today!  Take a look at who's on their "cover":





Experience more flashbacks, including news and celebrity shots, here.  Or just be glad you're too young to recall that decade.

This is perfect timing, really, because when I checked the Swatch watch Facebook page today, they were showing off their newest pics, submitted by their loyal fans.  I am so tempted to send them this:




Look, ma, it's a Swatch cast!  I jest, I jest.  Minus a couple watches that are hiding from me at the moment, this is my beloved Swatch collection, none later than 1987 (I think).  Some have been in my possession since the days of dodgeball, pre-algebra, and listening to Prince's Purple Rain cassette.  And a few are eBay acquisitions.  Love 'em all!  I promise I'm not about to torch them (or my arm) - that would be a very bad April Fool's prank, for multiple reasons.

Did you collect the 80's Swatches, too?  Still have any?  Was there one you were "just dying for" but your silly parents wouldn't budge?  Maybe you, um, wore your Swatches around your ankles in high school (like I did)?  Or stuck one of the Pop-Swatches into your Ocean Pacific tee?

Let me know!  In the meantime, I'm going to pull out my old Electric Blue perfume and give it a couple good spritzes :)

Kidding!




Images:
#1 - Refinery29.com
#2 - my own



2 comments:

Anamarie said...

I had several Swatches, but I have no idea what happened to them! You're lucky you have so many things from your childhood/past! Did the white wristband swatches ever turn green when you wore them? I had that problem every time.

Anamarie said...

You know what? I had the one fourth from the left - clear with the gears showing!! :)