Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Not So Linked In

This evening's post comes to you with a side serving of the sickies:  after a very fun month of many good things (travel, shopping, food, drink and so on), I have been reduced to a shivering, coughing mess.  You know, when you can't finish a sentence without an ungracious hacking fit.  When anything touching your skin makes it feel sore.  And the only upside of all this is temporary "sexy, gravelly chick's voice."  Oh, and cough syrup with codeine in it :)

Anyhoos, since I'm feeling a bit off tonight, I thought it was appropriate to share a trend that I find a bit off as well.  Of what oddity do I speak?

Body chains.

At first they started off fairly minimal.  Weird, I shrugged, but whatevs:




Then, they started to meander and grow across the front:





And ultimately, they've kind of blown up and taken over:




I dunno.  Maybe I'm just old and boring.  Or too much under the influence of my cold meds.  Still, you don't need to be downing the NyQuil to think the last few are a bit much.  I have yet to see a single person sporting one of these, er, contraptions anywhere: on the street, in da clubs, and not even at work (where the "oops, I forgot my pants" look is not an uncommon sign - seriously).

What's your take on all the bling?  Love it?  Worn it?  Or just waiting to see what she snags it on?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  In the meantime, I've got a mug of hot chocolate with my name on it.  And in about 2 hours, some of that great cough syrup.




Images: all from shopbop.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got a couple of leather harnesses that a friend made and I adore them, but the chain ones? They look a little strange to me, and I know I'd break them in a heartbeat.

Feel better soon, my dear!