Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finally! Fall clothing weather!

We took a trip last week to New England, where we enjoyed spectacular weather and tasty seafood while taking in the sounds and smells (ahh, clam flats at low tide) of the ocean.  Upon arriving back in Minneapolis, we were greeted by temperatures in the low 90's.  Wait, this is September, right?  Granted, Spring and Fall are notoriously unpredictable for weather in general.  Still, my brain waged battle with itself: do not curse the warmth, for in a few mere months it will be a distant, distant memory...  vs...  wah! when can I start donning my new Fall clothes?

Typical Midwest, only two days later the Weather Channel issued us a freeze warning.  On Wednesday AM, it definitely did not feel like August anymore.

I'm spending this weekend catching up on all my etail emails (inbox currently bursting with 1600+ unread messages - seriously) that accumulated while I was stuffing myself with lobster rolls and fried clams.  Appropriately, I'm seeing a lot of coats and sweaters on display all over the place.

Here are two that caught my eye:





This first coat is by BB Dakota.  I glimpsed it on Lucky Magazine's online site, luckymag.com.  I love that it evokes some earlier decade with the faux fur trim - old photos and home movies show my grandmas wearing similar styles.  I'm a little leery of how high the belt hits in the model's photos.  I'm short-waisted to begin with, and that really doesn't need to be accentuated.  So, I'm on the fence about buying it.

Here's numero dos:





I'm a big fan of Theory, and this new offering of theirs is really lovely.  Simple yet classy, I'd be all over this coat except for two things: it's pricey, and the image showing the coat buttoned up looks a little bulky.  Even so, I'll be stalking it throughout the season in hopes of a sale.

Have you been on the hunt for the perfect Fall or Winter coat?  Found it, or is it still eluding capture?  Anything you're eyeing but, like me, still hesitating on the purchase?

While I truly am sorry to see summer come to a close, I do love autumn.  Here are a few closing images of our trip to Maine, which very nicely caps a busy, humid, hot, and overall fun summer.  I hope you've enjoyed yours as well.

















Images:

BB Dakota coat #1:  luckymag.com via Modcloth.com
BB Dakota coat #2,3:  Piperlime
Theory coat:  Revolve Clothing
Maine photos:  my own

No comments: