Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Right Here, Right Meow

Now that our local celebration of cat videos has gone national and even international (Derry, Northern Ireland...  really!), I have to ask...  Who attended the Walker Art Center's 2013 Internet Cat Video Festival?  Unfortunately, I did not brave the crowds at the Minnesota State Fair this year to witness Grumpy Cat, Li'l Bub, and all the other "cat"-enders.  Luckily, I did hang out with 10,000 of my closest pals on the Walker's hillside last year to check out Henri, Nyan Cat, and my fellow festival-goers (including a number of fairly unimpressed IRL cats and their more enthusiastic owners).  See my review here.

While I missed out on this year's hilarity, I did make up for it by scoring this sweet number the other day:


Perfect for Summer-into-Fall, roomy yet flattering, and adorned with felines...  this shift dress won't fill the void of missing the Roomba Shark Cat doing some big-screen collisions, but it makes a great addition to my wardrobe.  I'll be sure not to pair it with either of these, though:



Or probably these:



If you did make it to one of the many cat video fests, you'll have to tell me how you liked it.  What was your favorite kitty?  Video?  Any crazy outfits at your gathering? 

Not a big fan of Mr. Whiskers?  What's your favorite fashion animal?  Maybe you love Marc by Marc Jacobs' mouse shoes (like mine above).  The Jason Wu owl?  The See by Chloe critters?  Or just a great, unique design not attached to a brand?  I've got many local artists' renditions of characters from the animal kingdom.  Except the whole nautical thing - squid, jellyfish, etc.  That craze I do not get.  But hey, I'm content to be the crazy cat lady who, for the record, owns no cats.  Yet.





Images:  my own


No comments: