Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

3.1 and Done

So...  who survived the launch?  Were you up in the wee hours of the night, clasping your Diet Coke or beer, waiting for Target's website to quit showing "Preview" and finally go live?  Or did you sleep in 'til 6:00 AM and rouse yourself to line up at your local store?  Or, um, both?  Like I did (granted, I didn't get up til 9:30 AM).  I had sworn I was only gonna do the online shopping.  But, my curiosity got the best of me, and I drove to the downtown flagship to see how nuts things were.  Honestly, while it was busy, it wasn't the insanity I'd heard about at other stores.  And I got a closer look at the items "in real life."

Here are a few shots of my shopping adventure "in person"...  (No one needs to see the online version, my tired face lit up like a virtual ghost at 2AM thanks to the laptop screen).


 
Yes, the leather jacket was in the store.  I only spied two of them.  So I tried this one on.  It's technically navy-colored, but I like that it can masquerade as black in certain lighting.  The material is also very thin - some people don't like that.  It didn't deter me.  The fit's a little boxy, though.  Excuse my otherwise schlubby outfit.
 
 
 
 
 
Here's the blue sparkle dress (blingy stuff limited to one side).  It's a fairly straight fit, and I'm debating whether it works for me.  I suspect the black rendition might fare better.  One plus - pockets!
 
 
 
 

Dudettes, I do not know what compelled me to go for the camo sweat pants.  In my normal world, I'd swear them off like overcooked cauliflower, but somehow, I love them.  Don't ask.  Iffy on the peplum top, but I'm trying to be friends with the style.  And I promise not to leave the house in this particular ensemble.
 
 
 
 

The bags!!!  Satchels, totes, and crossbody purses are predicted to be the favorites.  The little guy in the middle is considered a "unicorn" among the many fashion boards on Facebook.  Luckily, I found the last of two in my store.  Along with some more masculine (but very nice) travel kits - good Christmas presents!
 
 
That's my stash (so far...  waiting for the online goodies to arrive).  What looks good to you?  Did you grab some of the same stuff?  Or were you all about the "Boom" items?  They do have a nice Lichtenstein-y vibe, but they aren't really my style, so I'm happy to see them go to more appreciative fans.  Guys, what's your impression so far?  They offer a decent array of men's clothing, a pair of shoes, and a bag I've heard is big enough to fit your car.
 
You'll have to let me know your thoughts on this latest round.  In the meantime, I need to decide what stays and what doesn't make the cut.  And wait for the rest of my stuff.
 
 
 
 
Images:  my own
 
 
 

  
 
 
 

 

No comments: