Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Nordstrom Sale: Part One

So, how did we fare now that the Nordstrom sale has gone fully public?  Did you get a couple things your heart couldn't ignore?  Go a little crazy?  Or pass altogether?  Here's what I picked up:


Yep, that skirt in the previous post...  it's mine.  Flares out a little more than the catalog image, but it's a great, not-so-basic basic.  Can't wait to wear it this Fall.  And of course, that Rebecca Minkoff pouch spoke to me!  One very pleasant surprise?  These oxblood Ivanka Trump heels.  Already noted as one of this autumn's leading hues, I adore pretty much anything red.  But I'd never bought from this brand before.  Not only did this style and color come in a Narrow (I have pencil feet and have sadly cast aside many cute but slippy pumps), but they're comfy!  No, I mean it.  Even though these don't rock a nice platform, the 3 3/4" height didn't make my feet cry.  I even test ran them throughout the day at work, including a trip to the cafeteria.  In fact, they went right to an al fresco happy hour.  Typically, I swap out my heels for Skechers when I leave work, but heck no!  Not today.  I was that impressed.  And here's another photo that does the shimmery, jewel-tone more justice:


Lovely new acquisition, yes?  And a lot cheaper than the higher-end designers, where you sometimes have to venture for stylish comfort.

I did order a couple other items and am awaiting their arrival on my doorstep.  But 'til then, you'll have to let me know if you participated in the sale.  I'd love to hear about what snuck into your shopping bag (or online cart) and why you couldn't resist!






Images:  my own

No comments: