Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Like Christmas in July...


 
 
With summertime in full force, it’s hard to think about a crisp autumnal breeze and the fashion that goes with that time of the year.  I’m still digging through my wardrobe and tossing tank tops, sandals, and other “new” finds from the back of the closet onto my “wear to work this week” pile.  How in the heck can I entertain thoughts of tweed and equestrian boots, when all I want to do is give my sundresses a glimpse of that weird, bright orb in the sky?

 
Although the arrival of the September issues are still a ways off, good old Nordstrom mailed me their equally anticipated Anniversary Sale catalog last week.  Glossy pages packed with things that make me both smile and shudder.  The former caused by, well, my love of clothes.  The latter due to the fact that summer took its sweet-a** time getting to this part of the country.  And so, this annual reminder of colder temps isn’t welcome quite yet.  Unlike some of y’all, I have 7+ months to enjoy the finer comforts of cashmere, wool, and down.

 
Regardless of the weather, I cannot resist the power of this little booklet.  What’s funny is that, as I pored over all the photos of perfect little ensembles, it made me recall my days as a kid at Christmastime.  I’d get the JC Penney’s catalog and naturally bypass a vast majority of the thing to get to the toys.  As I flipped past the endless pages of “grown-up crap” (AKA, clothes), I’d think to my 10 year-old self, “Pfffttt!  Bo-ring!”  And proceed straight to the Barbies.  Now I can appreciate those decidedly “old people” sections.  But, I digress…

 
Here are a few catalog ensembles that caught my eye:

 

 Love the moto jacket especially.
 
 


 Again, I went right for the leathery skirt.  Perfect color for Fall, too.
 
 
 
Loving the overall look here.  Classic and preppy.  Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

 

 

I adore Nordstrom.  It’s the only reason I venture to the Mall of Insanity anymore.  And I know there are many other fellow Nordie’s girls (and guys!) out there.  Have you earmarked a few pages as well?  What looks good?  Of course, it’s hard to not drool over all the shoes!  But their selection of clothes is solid, and I even circled a couple of the “workout” items, since I’m on an exercise kick now (har-har).  Also, if you're all in for this sale, are you planning to shop in-person or online?  Or both?  Got a favorite designer in mind?  For those with Early Access privileges, have you already done sufficient damage?  Please share.  It would be nice to know I'm not the only person who considers this the "other" most wonderful time of the year ;)
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

Images:  #1 is my own, the remainder are from Nordstrom’s website

No comments: