Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Casual Challenge: Weeks 1 & 2


Hello,

It’s been a crazy week.  DH recently celebrated a milestone birthday, and I’ve spent the last few days orchestrating, executing, and enjoying his multiple parties (hey, go big or go home, right?).  Additionally, I hit the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale on its opening morning for those with “private access,” which really means people with a Nordstrom card.  I'll share that day of sheer madness in an upcoming entry.

For today’s post, I owe you a round-up of the last 2 weeks of my Casual Challenge.  It's a happy mix of current clothes, some treasures I dug out from the back of the closet, and the 3 skirts I bought especially for the month of denim, mostly because July is turning into a roaster, and pants don't do well with a 105 degree heat index.  With the exception of one day where I forgot to document (I'll repost when my memory returns), here's my summary, so far:



Monday, 7/2:
T-shirt - from a shop in Paris
Skirt - Merona from Target





Tuesday, 7/3:
Top - J. Crew
Skirt - James jeans (haven't worn in years, great to rediscover)





Wednesday, 7/4:
Holiday bonus random super-awkward-pose non-denim photo!
T-shirt - YES!  I finally got my Swan Kick shirt!  Designed by Chow Hon Lam and printed by Threadless, it reminds me of my semi-recent amateur forays into ballet and kickboxing.  Both of which I have not done in awhile, and both of which I miss.
Skirt - 10+ year old J. Crew cargo skirt.
(Really, this is the weirdest angle ever for a picture, but it's the only one I had with the beloved tee.)





Thursday, 7/5:
This is the day I forgot to take a picture or pester someone else to take a picture.  I've also had a total brainfart and can't remember what I wore...




Friday, 7/6:
Top - J. Crew
Jeans - CoH
Shoes - beat to heck Skechers





Monday, 7/9:
Top - J. Crew
Skirt - Halogen from Nordstrom (CC purchase)
Shoes - Rachel Zoe





Tuesday, 7/10:
Cardigan - J. Crew
Necklace & ring - Karin Jacobson Design
Top - Trina Turk
Cami - Banana Republic
Jeans - CoH
Shoes - same ol' Skechers





Wednesday, 7/11:
Top - Theory
Necklace - vintage
Jeans - CoH
Bracelet - Karin Jacobson Design
Shoes - Blay, a closet rediscovery, bought these at the now-closed Chicago boutique, Etré, where I briefly worked, also nearly 10 years ago.





Thursday, 7/12:
Top - Sweet Pea
Skirt - Hudson (CC purchase)
Shoes - Rachel Zoe





Friday, 7/13:
Top - Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bracelet & ring - Karin Jacobson Design
Jeans - CoH
Shoes - loving the dug up Blays
Backdrop - the most excellent Pat's Tap




As you've probably noticed, I love J. Crew for cute work staples and swear by Citizens of Humanity jeans.  Since my workplace prefers "no bare shoulders," the sleeveless outfits were accompanied by some neutral cardigan (like the cream one pictured above), thus rendering them a little less cute but decidedly more appropriate for corporate life.  I also just realized this is about the closest I've come to a typical fashion blog, where outfits are paraded and indexed.  Not usually my style, but maybe it should be on occasion?  What do you think?  






Images:  my own
Backdrops:  home, work, and various restaurants/pubs



5 comments:

Anamarie said...

I love the Rachel Zoe sandals!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE MARC JACOBS TOP. SUPER CUTE!!!!

Linds said...

Love this post!

Unknown said...

Attempting to comment from my Google Account. Commenting should be easier! My opinion is valuable, darn it!

el said...

I'm a fan of you getting DH to take the pictures for you so we can see all of you. :)