Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Paris: 5/15, Part 2 - The Stores!

Any good walkabout in a city must include some shopping, right?  In retrospect, I did not go on an insane buying spree.  We stopped into plenty of shops, but boy, it could have been worse.  Much, much worse :)  In fact, I never got to explore the 3 big retail destinations which were repeatedly suggested to me:  Le Bon Marché, Printemps, and the Galeries Lafayette (OK, we did spend about forty minutes in the last one, but not to check out the goods, more on that later).

Still, we managed to find all sorts of gems tucked into boulevards and tiny alleys alike.  Here are some selections from our second day...  And yeah, I totally dumped my 5-then-10 photo limit...





This was an art gallery that we passed.  Me loves the blinged out panda, but I'm guessing he's a wee bit out of my price range.



A great accessories shop, where I made my very first purchase.






I bought one of the color-blocked wallets.  Couldn't resist!







Discovered a little home goods store.  I'd love to plaster one of my cubicle walls with this:



I'll take an owl clock as well.  Whoo-la-la!












 Outside what looks to be the YSL HQ...




Random denim rhino...  reminds me of the William Gibson book I'm currently reading, Zero History.




This is Muji.  Another shop stocked with lifestyle/home items.









As my friends know, I gravitate towards the odd and artsy.  Especially if it involves panda bears.  With baditude!















In the Bastille neighborhood, we ran across this place, which felt like an equivalent to our CB2.










It seems more of the artsy, crafty stores were located on this side of town.  Including a quirky one offering eco-friendly wares and cute shirts like these:








Another great boutique.  I scored a pretty ring here, but I could have easily walked out with more goodies.  Like this tape dispenser:










I dashed into Monoprix for all of 5 minutes.  Hubby was not down with spending much more time in stores (hey, he did very well).  Next time!
 




Our shopping adventures concluded at a lovely bookstore, which carried more than just said paperworks.






I'm still kicking myself for not having bought Oh non, George!




 



An exterior shot of the store, where patrons are admiring their new acquisitions.



I think we did pretty well for our first full day on the loose.  A few snaps in the next post of all things food and drink related. 

So I was going to close with a fun video I recorded of, um...  a video playing in the Wize & Ope store.  It appealed to the science fiction fan in me.  Sweet, mesmerizing, and kinda Star Wars.  However, my computer was acting all sorts of stupid about it last night.  Thus, no fun video.  I'll try to upload it over the weekend. 

Happy Friday!


Images:  my own






1 comment:

Anamarie said...

Finally, some shopping deets!! :)