Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Paris: 5/15, Part 1 - Le Marais & the Bastille area

So a couple of things have become readily apparent as I sort through and share these experiences.  One, the title is getting hella complicated.  Please bear with me as I stumble through that.  Two, herding us through the trip chronologically is like being led down a winding road that constantly detours and doubles back.  Granted, this pretty much replicates our actual path, as we discovered different things with each new step...  What a pretty building...  Oh look, what a great purse...  I'm hungry...  Check out the graffiti on the-wait, I want to stop into this store...  It's like ADHD times five and in a foreign language.

With that, I've decided to cover our first full day on the town by theme.  A little less random and crazy for us all (I hope).  If I like it, I'll stick with this format for the remaining posts.

First up, some of the overall city scenes that caught our eyes.  We hopped on the Metro and headed over to Le Marais, known for its shopping.  Our meandering took us over to the Bastille area, home to artier folk and stores (and apparently the Paris version of the NYC High Line, the former which we unfortunately didn't get to see), and whatever sat in between the two neighborhoods.

Without further ado, here's Day Two - City Snippets:








I loved peering into stairwells that led up to some hidden dwelling.  It was fun to pretend I lived there.


















Cute play park.





Paris is filled with tiny streets, no bigger than alleys it felt, but bursting with all sorts of activity.


























Did I just run well over the 5 picture limit I tried to impose upon myself?  Yeah.  But I like it better.  It's hard to edit when you're in such a photogenic city.  Especially when we walked (and photographed) so much of it.

These are glimpses of the many streets we walked along.  Next up, a sampling of the retail impressions from the day's adventure.


Images:  my own








No comments: