Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank You

All,

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday which we are celebrating here in the USA today, I simply want to say "Thank You!" to all of you who have read my blog over the past 14 months.  I hope you find my ramblings interesting, funny and informative.  It's both humbling and encouraging whenever people tell me how much they enjoy reading my brain dumps :)  I love writing and sharing my finds (and thoughts) with you, and I hope you come away coveting a new shoe, discovering a new brand, or just having a chuckle at my musings.

And, guess what?  I will *not* be partaking in the madness known as Black Friday here in the States.  Shocking, I know, but you won't find me standing in line outside any store tonight because I'll be toddling off to bed shortly.  Why?  'Cause yours truly will be at work tomorrow.  Cry not!  I don't think I can handle retail insanity on that crazy a level.  And my wallet is already thanking me.

But...  what about you?  Are you already camped outside Best Buy, Target or that other store which shall remain unnamed?  (Yeah, starts with a "W").  A friend of mine from college works for the Mall of America, and she posted tonight that she had to be at work by 9PM to prep for whatever chaos is about to ensue there.  Not envying her right now.  Not at all.

Maybe you, however, thrive on the rush of Black Friday?  Thrill at the stamina, gameplan, focus and sheer will to survive the stampede?  Got war stories from BF's of years past?  Have an item that you (or someone in your family) needs badly enough that you're willing to give up sleep (and heat) to hold the prize in your hand at dawn?

Since today's all about sharing and caring, I'd love for you to share your Black Friday story or must-have item with me.  Or, if you're outside the US, tell me whether your city/country has a similar day dedicated to Extreme Shopping.

In the meantime, I want to say thanks once more.  For my family and friends, including my 94 year-old grandma whom I got to see today (she'll get her own post on here for her fashion sense).  For an amazing Thanksgiving dinner, where I stuffed myself silly on turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean bake and so much more.  For Shopbop, Nordstrom and lots of great independent boutiques and designers.  And for you guys :)

Happy Thanksgiving!
M

No comments: