Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

What They're Really Thinking...

A few months ago, one of my shopping enablers turned me on to a new e-tail site that specializes in all sorts of arty, design-y creations.  Apparently, being signed up for 50+ retail emails a day just isn't enough.  Or, more critically, I guess I truly need a hole in my head, which would explain why I also needed to subscribe to Fab.com.  Operating like other flash-sale sites such as Gilt Groupe and Rue La La, Fab's wares are available for a few days only.  After that, midnight has struck and you're left with a virtual slipper.

Fab is great in that its focus is not so much clothes and shoes, but furniture, accessories, toys and artwork.  Perfect for you design school kids, as well as those of you who love the quirkier side of style.

Case in point is one of this week's sales.  According to Fab's site (which always provides a helpful little background blurb about the designer), Tiny Confessions comes to us courtesy of artist and comedian Christopher Rozzi.  The artwork displays pets and monsters with faces that range from funny to plaintive-looking to just downright underwhelmed.  Here are some of the prints that caught my eye:







OK, the last one isn't so hysterical.  But I love Scotties and Westies.  So there it is.

Love these?  I understand.  Want them, but not a member of Fab (yup, it's a members-only site)?  Cry not.  Tiny Confessions is available right here on Etsy.com.  A few clicks and you, too, can reflect upon your dog's / cat's / werewolf's deep thoughts as they gaze at you from your office cubicle wall / bathroom mirror / basket of your fixie bike.

Well, it's Friday night.  Work - check.  Blog post - check.  Dinner and drinks with friends - check, in about 1 hour.  So I'd best get goin' and get ready.  Have a great weekend!


Images: Fab.com via Tiny Confessions

No comments: