Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Make It Stop!

Friends,

In all honesty, I have not been very good about finding much fashionable news to share with you.  Why?  Because I am still neck-deep in that hole known as Missoni for Target.  You know, when the campaign started, I had my little wish list and that was it.  I was autonomous from the rest of the MfT (yep, that's "Missoni for Target") world.  

Over 30 days later, my couch has been invaded by zigzags and I've joined a Facebook page that generally operates as a support (therapy?) group. I've spent the vast part of my evenings and past weekend celebrating people's triumphs, commiserating on the hyper-inflated eBay auctions, and commenting on how cute the colore throw looks with Mr. Whiskers curled up in its threads.  Of course, I'm also hoping to make a deal.

Worse, I've started scouting multiple stores in a day, just like the hardcore gals (and guys) on that page, wishing hard for the MfT Fairy to bless me with someone's fresh returns cart (hey, this happened once - it could happen again).  Even worse than, um, worse...  the list of wants has grown.

Getting *out of control* here!

I've never fallen victim to this kind of retailing...  situation?  You've already witnessed my addiction in the prior post.  This combination of coveting, marketing genius, marketplace insanity and competitive shopping fascinates me.  And I believe fascination is something that both attracts and repels someone.  Completely fitting for my current condition.

Interestingly, I don't seem to be alone regarding the all things Missoni craze.  These recent emails and offerings would appear to be equally guilty...

These are Missoni (or at least one of them is):




And this is not:



These are M Missoni:



And...  this is not:



Whether the real deal or someone's take on the now ubiquitous zigzags, it seems the pattern is popping up everywhere.

So - just wanted to give you my pathetic update, which kind of makes for a pathetic entry.  But...  this is the rock that I am hiding under, by choice.  Partially because I believe my life isn't complete without that gorgeous sweatercoat or must-have martini glasses.  But truly because the page's community of like-minded MfT fans.  The more we share, vent, trade and encourage each other, the more it feels like a funny little group of old friends instead of over 300 people across the country, most of whom have never met in person.  Cue the drippy music - it just makes me happy.  Is that so bad?  Plus, I've made my first couple of deals on there (hello, aforementioned martini glasses).

For the next post, I promise to scuttle out from under the Rock of Missoni and let you know of other happenings.  Things that are not called "colore throws," "passione duvets," and "famiglia salad plates." But until then, I bid you good evening as I disappear back into the shadows.  The work is not done...






Images:

Scarves: chickdowntown.com
Brown scarf:  Prairie Underground (via Hot Mama)
Pants:  M Missoni (via shopbop.com)
Frame:  Jonathan Adler (via shopbop.com)




No comments: