Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So Here We Go... Stuff I Like...

With the impending arrival of winter, I’ve been on the hunt for some great boots.  Now, this is Minnesota, so it’s Winter with a capital, it’s-too-cold-to-snow-anymore "W."  Plus, I commute to work by bus, so that means quality time spent at the bus stop.  In Winter.  I’ve got a sweet pair of Hunter boots which I adore, but they’re not going to get me through subzero temps and snow.  So, I’m relying on the brand of boots that people seem to both ridicule and totally depend upon:  Ugg.  Whatever your opinion of this ubiquitous label, I have to say I love them.  I’ve got a pair of tall originals which are essentially my house slippers.  I have another pair, well over 6 years old, that have shone through six Upper Midwest winters, outside.  No measly accomplishment.

So, anyway, back to the boot search.  I checked into Zappos (love them!) and found these, the Ugg Broome II:




The “chestnut leather” is a great tan color that will offset all the black I’ll be draped in, and their fabulous inner sheepskin lining ensures my feet will stay toasty warm.  If my 6 year-old Ugg Brooks are any indication, that lining sure does what it’s supposed to do…  it passed the “bare-feet-in-the-boots-in-minus-ten-degree-weather” test.

In fact, here’s a picture of those beloved boots:



Sigh.  Love ‘em.  And I really like the pretty pair on Zappos.  In fact, I may crumble and buy them shortly.  Not sure if the Broome is as hardy as the Brooks when facing up to Winter's worst, but they should carry me into early December at least.  After that, I'll turn to my old, trusty Brooks.

In any case, my feet should be all ready for whatever Winter hurls at me.  Granted, my eyelashes may freeze together, thanks to the icy winds that make your eyes spill tears (yeah, I'm not lying).  But my lower extremities will think they’re in the midst of summer.

Image:  Ugg Broome II boots - Zappos
Image:  Ugg Brooks boots - own

No comments: