Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Damn you, J. Crew!

So today’s posting is going to be fairly brief.  I’m trying to pack for a work trip and get other dorky errands taken care of tonight.  By the time I get back in a couple of days, my brain will be mush, and I’ll be generally incoherent.  Airplane travel (and airplane "air") does that to you.

Oooo, you’re saying, work trip!  And I wouldn’t fault you for thinking it involves browsing through boutiques or vendor shows.

Unfortunately, my work travels don’t so much include fabulous shopping expeditions, but rather  picking my way through construction sites, trying not to trip over a bundle of rebar or get run over by a dump truck that’s hauling ass across gravel.  A montage of concrete, steel studs, cranky contractors, swack, and port-a-potties.  And lots of dust and dirt.  All over your shoes, in your hair and, really, up your nose.

Sounds like fun, no?  Sounds like I need to go to my happy place.  So without further ado, here’s what I like this week:  J. Crew cashmere.

I haven’t shopped here in awhile, and my wallet is glad of that.  I was doing so well until they restocked their cashmere sweater collection with a gorgeous deep red color called “henna.”  I love the color red and don’t feel too bad saying I think it’s one of my better colors.

So this is what I’m currently coveting.






While I’m partial to the red, I’m still a sucker for a well-styled image.  The white of the shell just feels so classic with the denim.  And I love the grey cashmere open cardigan – it just seems to want to go with everything I own.  The red “henna” color is fabulous, and I know I'd wear it a ton.  It's also a "look at me!" color.  Which is great, and why I like the two items in red in the above pictures.  Sometimes, though, I just want to lay low, color-wise.  Which is why I also like the white and grey sweaters.

So, basically, I want all four of 'em.  Oy.  Damn you, J. Crew, and your must-have cashmere in your must-have colors!

OK, that’s about all the brain cells I can commit at this time to pretty clothes.  My reward for a couple days of dodging welding sparks and iffy hotel rooms might just have to be some cozy, cashmere love from J. Crew.

All images:  J. Crew

No comments: