Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Trip Advisors?






Now that I have survived the polar vortex, it's feeling mighty summery today.  About 39 degrees to be exact.  But, the semi-bitter cold is planning a return visit.  So...  I've decided to make a return trip of my own.  To Los Angeles.


I spent a fabulous and frenzied 2 days in LA, back in the Fall of 2012, managing to cover a decent amount of retail territory when not asleep or at work.  I'll be plunking myself right back in WeHo, since I'll be sans car.  And will get to see a little bit of Santa Monica and Sawtelle as well this time (thanks to friends and their rides ;).  I've done a bit of research and asked my pals for recommendations for all things shoppable, eatable, and drinkable.  And I've got a nice list going, which includes the promise of bacon Bloody Marys, lobster rolls, and a lot of that circus called Melrose Ave.


However, I thought I'd ask my readers for any must-see (or gotta-eat) destinations.  Where do you love to shop, grab a bite, or enjoy a cocktail when in LA?  I'd love to hear - and even better, try it for myself.  The best travel experiences are usually a result of word-of-mouth from friends, after all!  Local favorites are much preferred to the typical chains.  I'm definitely not flying for 3 hours to hit up Anthropologie, the Apple store, or the Cheesecake Factory.  


Please feel free to share, and I'll give you a report on my trip when back!  For details on my 2012 adventure (and what caught my eye), click here.

Counting down the days,
M





P.S.  My enthusiasm towards the Uniqlo Heattech purchases from the last post?  Cords:  pretty good.  It was probably something like -42 degree windchill when I stepped out of the house and my legs didn't automatically freeze and break off.  Turtleneck:  mehz.  Really thin material, not really sure it worked.  I even wore it for an hour the night before to "warm it up."  Good layering piece, but it seemed as effective as my Target t-neck.  Who knows.  I'm sure I'll get another chance this winter to re-test them :(


Image:  my own from my previous LA post




1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

I only have one suggestion: Sushi Roku in Santa Monica or WeHo. So good. Spicy Crunchy tuna. OMG. So good.