Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

If Only...



There are a number of occasions when I wish like hell that I lived in New York City.  That feeling will significantly intensify tomorrow.  Why?  Because it's Fashion's Night Out!  What's that, you ask?  Click here and be enlightened.

While many cities in various countries will be participating, it just feels like if you're gonna do it right, you've gotta be in the NYC.  The fact that my favorite stores like Theory and Trina Turk have been mailing me invites to stop by their Manhattan flagship celebrations only makes me grit my teeth all the more and conduct an impulsive online search for Lower East Side residential shoeboxes.  Here are a couple of the Facebook announcements that incited said gnashing of chompers:






Sigh...

To console myself with not partaking in the East Coast shindigs, I'll be hitting the events back here in Minneapolis.  I'm definitely stopping by the Neiman Marcus party, considering it will be shuttered by this time next year.  There are other places both downtown and in nearby areas to check out as well, including part of the Len Druskin empire, the Galleria in Edina, and some local boutiques like martinpatrick3 and June.  Here's the NM e-flyer:



All the fab fashion I can handle?  Sounds like a challenge I'm willing to take on.  Additionally, I'll be toting my camera, so you can look forward to snaps from FNO:  The Minnesota Version, next week.

Will you be joining in this annual night of style?  Somewhere here in the USA or abroad (I'm already super jealous of Radley London's Spot the Scottie promo going on across the pond)?  Got an awesome outfit you're ready to rock, regardless of any local FNO events? Would love to hear it - hey, you don't need an organized soirée to break out a Fashion Week-worthy ensemble.  And you've gotta tell me if you plan to hit the stores.  Especially if you'll be in the Mini-Apple.  Or the big one!



Images:
#1 - my own
#2 - Theory via Facebook
#3 - Vince via Facbook
#4 - Neiman Marcus via Facebook

To check out my nutso day of shopping in NYC last summer, amble over here.



No comments: