Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Empire State of Shopping

Hello!

I've just returned from an extended vacay in NYC, so it's been all quiet on the Midwestern front since my "milestone" post.  Hard to believe that just 24 hours ago, I was standing on the outside deck of the Empire State Building, taking in the incredible vista and trying not to let my iPhone slip out of my hands 86 stories up in the air.

Like last year, my husband and I had a (bleeping) fabulous time visiting friends and checking out new places to eat, drink, and - of course - shop.  This visit included Brooklyn and Greenwich Village, which was great.  We spent plenty of time in the usual LES/SoHo haunts, too.

I still need to upload pictures and fully download all we did.  My NYC post will not repeat the 5-entry extravaganza that put some of you (and even me) in a word coma.  Instead, it'll be a nice summary of photos and maybe some text.  After all, pictures do speak a thousand words, and sometimes it's hard to verbalize the feelings of being in a different place, especially when it's as massive (in size, experience, and offerings) as NYC.

More to come soon.  Til then, enjoy this snap from yesterday's tourist stop, and if you have a favorite shop, restaurant, or bar in the Big Apple, do share!  Maybe we ended up at the same place :)



No comments: