Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The September Stack

Yep, I made it.  I'm still alive and officially "over the hill."  Eh.  Feels the same as a week ago.

I've spent the last week recovering from multiple days of birthday fun, thanks to DH.  And, as I had hoped, that weekend was filled with great friends, good food, and - of course - bourbon.  I did leave the fancy shoes at home, though.

Luckily, my R&R period coincided nicely with the release of several September issues from various magazines.  Here are the ones I picked up:




Hefty enough to replace my free weights and thicker than a pile of term paper resources, I'm still leafing through each issue.  Not one to read straight from cover to cover, instead I enjoy bouncing between magazines and randomly turning to a page.  I'm probably only a quarter of a way through the stack, but the images don't disappoint.

So far, I'm delighting in the return of red (oxblood and burgundy being the popular picks), those baby blue pointe shoes in the Gap ads, black leather in classic cuts, the newest Nick Cave creations, and those McQueen visors (think I'd turn any heads wearing those to work?).  Gwen Stefani graces Harper's cover, and I have always admired her style, so it's been fun to read about her as well.  And, Lucky about killed me with this:




As if I needed any more kindling for the cloffice bonfire I'm slowly building on Pinterest!

What has caught your eye so far in the overwhelming sea of stylized ads, clothes, and accessories?  Did I miss a vital mag (I don't need advice on dating, how to lose weight in 2 days, or what men really want, thanks, so we can skip those types)?

I'd love to hear which skirts, satchels, boots, celebrity shots, or articles earned an earmark from you...





Images:
#1 - my own
#2 - my own snap of Lucky Magazine's photo

No comments: