Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Question To You, My Readers...

Ladies and Gents:

My little blog is coming upon its one year anniversary.  I am very grateful for all the views this has received, and I have thoroughly enjoyed writing it.  No, no!  I'm not leaving.  Rather, I feel my approaching milestone is a great opportunity for changing the blog up a bit.  I know some of these posts are a little lengthy.  Sometimes my own eyelids start to droop from the marathon reading.

Starting soon, I plan to offer you briefer posts, but more frequently.  Right now, my mantra is going to be, "One."  Maybe it's one dress, one interesting topic in the fashion-sphere, or one new designer.  Can't promise just one photo, but I don't plan to assault you with 100+ anymore, either.

Here's where my question comes in...  with the upcoming change, I am considering archiving the "Mir Gefaellt Es" name.  German speakers aside, the name - while fun and actually fitting - leaves many people's tongues tied.  Also, if anyone wants to refer my blog to someone else, it's not exactly a name that is easily recalled (or pronounced).

When I started this blog, nearly a year ago, my friend E and I sat around in my dining room, had a glass of wine, and tried to come up with a great name for it.  Eventually, "Curating Maggie" won out.  It also seems fitting, as all the things I like - that gefaellt mir - essentially shape who I am.  It's an ongoing act of curating the self, via showing you clothes I love, places I eat, and so on.

Then, someone asked me what the name of this baby would be.  And when I was about to tell them, I had some weird gag reflex.  I promptly started thinking of another name - something different - and, thus, you got Mir Gefaellt Es.

I know it sounds a little strange to be asking you guys whether we should keep Mir or ditch it, but I feel like, at least for my regular readers, that's how you've come to know this page.

So, I'd love your feedback.  Keep Mir?  Or adopt Maggie?  I've already asked a few friends about the format change, and they've been very supportive of the new direction.

Again, I can't thank you enough for all the encouragement I have received about this endeavor.  I admit to checking the audience stats for the blog (a lot), and it gives me a serious thrill to know you're tuning in not just locally, but internationally.  вы так много, 당신을 순전히 감사하십시오, thank you so very much, and of course, Vielen Dank!  I sincerely hope you find my chattering and sharing both informative and entertaining.

The last NYC post will be up shortly.  After that, I hope you'll join me as Mir Gefaellts Es (or...  Curating Maggie) continues my love affair with fashion, shopping and whatever else gets the "Like" button!

Cheers!
Maggie



1 comment:

anniezore said...

I like that you don't focus on 'one' thing...I actually caught up on your blog today, finally (shh...don't tell my job!) and I think you are focused enough, yet diverse enough to keep in interesting. As far as changing the name, I'm indifferent, totally up to you but I like the format.