Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Intermission...

I figured I'd give you (and myself) a breather between Days Three and Four of our NYC trip.  That's a lotta reading!  So, I'll use this opportunity to update y'all on some e-tail things that caught my eye as they appeared in my inbox...

Starting on the home front, NY Mag's Fashion Alert dropped an article on Karl Lagerfeld's Macy's line, which apparently underwhelmed the locals here in the Twin Cities upon its debut at Glamorama...  of course, one of the commenters took a swipe with the stereotypical Midwesterner image, but others quickly rebuffed that person.

Gilt Groupe continues to expand its offerings with its new mens-lifestylin' site Park & Bond.  Since they already have Gilt Men, I'm not sure whether they're going to off the latter or have them run concurrently.

Lord & Taylor sent me an email boasting its "School-La-La" Kids' Fashion Show.  Now, I ask you, what the heck is School-La-La?  Is it related to Rue La La (no, I didn't think so, either).  Just a head-scratcher...

In other news, I had the "Duh!" moment of realizing my 94 year-young grandma would make a fabulous future blog topic (she worked at JC Penney's in the womens' apparel department for years as a saleslady - people still remember her!), I'm taking a friend clothes shopping this afternoon (which makes me all giddy), and we've finally broken out of the too-sultry-to-be-sexy heat and humidity, which plagued us for, well, most of July.  Yes - I'll say it again, we definitely cannot complain about not getting summer this year.  Especially since the last week has been glorious!  Sun, blue skies, no monsoon rains, and 70-80 degrees...  YAY!

I'll leave you with some happy, summery photos and a video of our trip yesterday to Minnehaha Falls and the lovely surrounding park.  I'm sure most people were there to enjoy the perfect evening, which included live jazz music and lots of people-watching.  However, a chunk of us had shown up to dine at arguably the best spot around these parts (OK, besides the Smack Shack) for fresh seafood sans the formal dining room - Sea Salt.  We ordered too much and enjoyed every last bite of it - from a tangy gazpacho special to tilapia tacos and catfish po' boys, to a heaping mound of fried clam "fries."



Yes, there is always an insane line outside of Sea Salt...



I don't know what was in that smoker, but I bet it was good stuff.




The park pavillion at dusk.


And the full experience in one dizzying take:


Happy Sunday!
M


Images & video:  my own

No comments: