Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

FFR?

Every once in awhile, I feel compelled to write an entry about stuff that I see and, like a gag reflex, makes me think, “For freakin’ real?”  Usually it’s an image, occasionally it’s a post.  Today, I’m going to share both.  Maybe you won't make an ishy face like I made, but maybe I’m just getting old fast.

Here are some flummox-worthy finds...

This email from retailer Singer 22, which sells trendy threads and shows celebrities sporting said threads, is what gagged me to write this post.  I hadn't even seen the actual image yet.  I simply scanned my Inbox and came to a screeching halt when I saw the subject line.  While all it touted was the brand's name, it was WTF enough for me:

Fairgound Bunny Gets Nailed.  Eh?!  Wha???  Yep, I kid you not:




Their latest obsession.  And they want it to be yours, too!  I'm going to have to pass that plate on down the table.  I'm on a diet.  Trying to cut back on things that make me look like...  well, that.

More options for you to look like a bun-bun who wants (and apparently got) plenty of action:






Um.  Looks a LOT like the trend that both Singer 22 and Revolve were peddling last Fall...  Spirithoods!  Say it with me (and the models) - RAWRRR!!!





Really?  Those pants?  And really?  That top?  Not even commenting on the hood...





Don't forget the "paws!"






This email from Barneys gave me a shuddering pause as well.  I know fashion and art often produce  images meant to provoke and even disturb, which is fine.  It just weirded me out a little.  You can probably think up multiple storylines, but they all seem to include "bank robbery" and end with "jail uniforms."





I've designated this news about Abercrombie & Fitch selling push-up bras to elementary-aged girls as my runner-up to first prize for FFR.  I stumbled across this article thanks to the women at Threadbared (again, boy they aren't missing a beat).  They reposted from the original source, which comes from Racked.com, a site I need to explore more.

If that's the runner up, you ask, then who's the lucky winner?  Why, here is the image upon which I bestow that sketchy crown:




Whuzzat?  Why...  it's a RAT.  A sweet, furry, ginornous rat.  In the windows of the NYC Skechers store.  This snap of Cuddlekins comes courtesy of my weekly Fashion Alert e-newsletter.  The unexpected display-crasher was spotted by a passer-by, who took the photo and sent it on to Gawker, which was picked up by Racked (again), which was picked up by Fashion Alert/The Cut - phew.  While you read more, I will reminisce briefly about waiting for the Red Line back home...  Sweet memories of watching the subway rats scurrying around the tracks, down in the depths of the Clark & Division El stop.  Makes me all warm and (cough) fuzzy.

Hmmm...

You know, the more I think about it, Mr. Whiskers may need to share its status of FFR royalty with today's weather.  April starts this week.  But Mother Nature sure as heck didn't get that memo:




There's a somewhat perverse pleasure in hearing those poor birdies chirping away as the snow falls steadily.  Silly birds, you thought it was Spring!  HA-ha!  Coupled with a low tonight of 17 degrees (Fahrenheit), it may as well be December all over again.

Well, then!  Since we're feeling so Christmas-y, here's the video I promised you last week:






'Tis the season!  For flippin' real :)


Images:
Fairground Bunny Got Nailed pix - Singer 22
Spirithoods - Singer 22, Revolve
Junya Watanabe pic - Barneys
Skechers rat - Gawker.com
Snow video - own
Christmas Laser Cats - You Tube

No comments: