Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Apparently It IS Easy Being Green (Kermit, You Lie)

You know what Monday means, of course.  A fairly short but sweet post!  Today, it's about some beautiful green pieces I've spotted recently.

To start with, I spied this Treesje purse on one of my sample sale sites today:




I looove the rich, green hue.  It's the color of those perfectly manicured lawns in summer (which, by the way, if you live in the desert, isn't so "green," I guess).  Also, the tote's amply sized for all the crap we women oft tend to carry.  Wallet, cell phone and glasses aren't enough for me.  Oh-ho, no!  I will totally cram in my 4" heels, a scarf, water bottle (uh, also not green but needed for random coughing spells), iPod, plastic baggie full of random cosmetics, and maybe a cardigan.

They also offered a different style in the same color:





Tory Burch has a pretty sweet purse, too:



There's a bit more blue in this green (sorry, Miles Davis, I'm sure women's accessories weren't what you had in mind, heh heh).  Still, I wouldn't kick it out of my closet.


Here's a gorgeous image from a Neiman Marcus emailer this week:



More of a late-summer green...


And here's a gorgeous image of some pants on a Shopbop email that, when you see the actual product page...  well, I just thought, "Oh."  Like, oh damn you, deceptive draping!







Yeah, same pants.  The green seems more washed out in the second picture, most likely thanks to different lighting.  Well, four outta five ain't too shabby.

Even though it feels like we're barreling through February, I know Spring isn't exactly around the corner up here (yes, it's not unusual for us to get snow in April or even May...  and no, I don't live in the mountains).  So I'm thanking retailers for providing me with plenty of greenery to try and cheer up my winter blahs of exhaust-fumed dirty white.

And guess what?  It's easier than I thought :)

P.S.  Though I am a Chicago Bears fan, I will tip my Bears cap to my many friends who bleed green (and cheesehead yellow) for last night's Green Bay Packer's Superbowl victory.  It's very easy being Green for them right now - congrats, you guys.


Images:

Treesje purses:  Hautelook (private sample sales site)
Tory Burch purse:  toryburch.com
Michael Kors email:  neimanmarcus.com
Willow pants:  shopbop.com




**Note to self and you guys:  Since I receive so many retailer emails - and since some of them have very pretty images, I plan to start including select said images to share with you.  Heck, I might try and dedicate a monthly post to them, stay tuned...

No comments: