Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

They'll Even Hold Your Purse For You

Remember when I said my brain likes to turn itself off on random Mondays?  Or more accurately, Sunday nights, which is when I try and write the bulk of my posts.  Well, the old hamster upstairs got tired from running on his little wheel.  So he’s taking a break.  Which means I don’t have anything super-ambitious to say right now.


I do have a culprit to blame for my lack of energy:  I just got back from my annual Christmas shopping trip to Nordstrom.  I love, love, love Nordstrom.  I hate, hate, hate that the only one in the Twin Cities is at the Mall of Insanity, I mean, America.  I could go on about malls, but I'll save those musings for a later post.


All I want to do right now is share with you a very funny picture.  Tonight was a private sale for Nordstrom cardholders, an annual Christmas event that my friend Annie and I have made our own annual tradition of attending.  There’s some nice, live music provided by a nice, live band.  There are also complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.  And tons of shopping to be had.

Hmmm…

Christmas shopping + crazy Nordstrom customers + free booze and snacks + special promotions = Insanity. 

Like I said, Mall of Insanity.  It’s not just a state of mind, sometimes it’s a physical place with endless parking stalls and GPS directions.

Anyway… this is Jeff.  Jeff works in the shoe department at Nordstrom (btw, Nordstrom shoe department + all of the above = Insanity x 3).




My brain/hamster doesn’t want to make the effort to explain anything here.  Just know that the place was a madhouse, and yes, Jeff is holding my purse.  That department store is known for its service, and boy, they did not disappoint, even on a night as nuts as this one.

I’m going to try my best to spike my hamster’s water bottle with some Red Bull or an espresso shot, in hopes of posting something more substantial by Thursday.  In the midst of prime gifting time, I want to share with you an amazing friend who does some beautiful (and very buyable) work.

For now, I need to recover after my pilgrimage to Insanity and back.  And last but not least, a big shout-out to Jeff H. at Nordstrom for more than living up to their reputation for great customer service - and wearing my purse.