Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spring is here?

It's March!  Never mind that there's a solid 3-4" of snow all over the place.  And the newest winter storm prediction?  Well...  apparently this is the snowiest month of the year up in these parts.  Admittedly, it's right around this time that our sanity is severely tested.  Spring is so close and yet...  Yeah.  Mother Nature loves messing with us during this month (and April, and sometimes May).

However, instead of crying and heading back into hibernation, I take solace in all the lovely pastels gracing my daily slew of retailer emails.  Lilacs, sky blues, and sunny yellows are starting to shove the heavy winter hues aside.  And I'm all for it.  

This week's pick is a satchel from Banana Republic:


Isn't she purty?  Looks pretty roomy, too.  Plenty of space for the typical haul, plus a pair of ballet flats, a cardigan, and whatever else I decide to cram in there.

What new arrival has you dreaming of al fresco brunches, tulips, and temperatures above 35 degrees?  Strappy sandals?  A great pair of shorts?  Anything in a Spring pastel color?  Which one?

Come Monday, I may be plodding through a fresh pile of snow, but I'm determined to start trotting out some of my transitional weather clothes.  Sure, the wool turtlenecks and skirts will get a few more rounds, but I'm more than happy to mix in shorter sleeves and colors straight from those PAAS easter egg kits and 80's Bonne Bell magazine ads.

Happy almost Spring :)






Image:  Banana Republic





1 comment:

willworkforcheese said...

First of all, don't hate me, but it was 80 degrees in LA today... The removable tassel is too cute! Similar in silhouette to my dream purse, the Vuitton SC bag. Right now i'm dreaming of a Celine trio bag. I've always wanted a small crossbody style, & this one is chic minimal perfection!

-jennyjones