Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Next Up!

Sorry, everyone - it's been a really crazy January and February, and it hasn't been the good kind of cray.  Fortunately, things are starting to calm down, and that means I can get back into my regular routine.  Including shopping :)

And right in time to post about the latest Target collab, right?  Prabal Gurung!  Convenient, yes.  Done on purpose, no (really!).  Here in Minneapolis, it's sleeting outside this fine, gray morning.  I don't feel like braving the roads til Winter Storm Orko (what is with these names, anyway...) passes through town.  However, that's OK.  Because yours truly once again stayed up into the wee bar-time hours to wait for the online store to go live.

Here's what I ended up throwing in my virtual cart:


Love the color of these wedge heels.  Gotta wonder if they'll be TTS.





This dress is very pretty, yet simple.  Great for a Girls' Night.




OK, these will probably be a disaster on me.  But I'm willing to take the risk.




Originally, I didn't really notice these.  But I think they're kinda cool and would brighten up my usual work uniform.  Now let's see if I can handle the 4" heel!




And I caved and got the First Date dress, like probably every other gal.  It was one of the more heavily rotated items during the marketing campaign.




So those are some of the things I pounced on, while more sane people were stumbling home from the local bars (I said sane, not sober).  I am going to have to wait til tomorrow to see what stuff looks like IRL.  Already hearing skeptical wonderings from my fellow 2AM shopper friends about material quality, fabrics, and whether anything will actually fit.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Did you shop this collaboration?  What did you get?  Gonna hit the stores or sitting this one out?  Let me know.  Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy this period of calm, make some hot cocoa, and watch the snow and/or sleet fall.  Hey - and speaking of snow, if you're on the East Coast, I hope you're not completely buried in the white stuff.  Are you able to trek out to Target, or are you absolutely snowed in?

And did anyone make it to NYFW??  I'd love to hear any in-person reports!




All images:  target.com



No comments: