Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

An Ode to a Swirling Good Site

After a week of all sorts of "blowout sales," I should have known one e-tail site in particular was closing its virtual doors.  I logged onto swirl.com today, the former retail arm of fashion newsletter Daily Candy, only to be greeted with this screen:




OK, so Swirl really just moved down the block; it hasn't ceased to exist.  Still, I enjoyed the site and its daily dose of cute stuff at flash-sale prices.  I've ordered from them as well.  In fact, I just got some great holiday cards and a present for a dear friend, thanks to these gals and guys.  One of the things I truly enjoyed was their copywriting.  Somewhat similar to my casual style (but much better and wittier), Swirl's writing and editing team introduced each designer with a cute blurb, lending both information and sparkle to what could have been a textbook, boring paragraph.  They had lovely illustrations to boot.  Ones that were cute without being over-sugary.  Here are a few images:









I'll be sure to check out their new location.  In the meantime, I'll leave you with some of their past sales that tempted me enough to save them in a folder for further wishing and drooling.


A luscious bag from Rebecca Minkoff...



An adorable Orla Kiely dress...




Some sweet kicks from Gola...




Who doesn't love penguin ornaments?




And horse pillows!  Horses are the new owls, by the way...



A bad-ass ballerina, courtesy of Veda...




If only my entire to-do list involved shopping...



And, aw heck, more Rebecca Minkoff...



Sniff.  Just looking at all these great sales makes me a little teary.  It's like looking at photos in your old high school yearbook.  OK, not really.  Hmm...  fine, not at all.  But, instead of weeping into my empty margarita glass, I need to check out the Daily Candy site and have a look around.  I'll do that in the next few days and report back on my findings.



All images:  Swirl.com


No comments: