Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We Interrupt This Programming For A Brief Message...

I just felt the bizarre, oversharing need to tell you we have a 120 degree F heat index today.  This means the body thinks it's 120 damn degrees out there.  Nevermind the actual temperature is a paltry 96 degrees.  Our record-setting dewpoint of 82 is making it worse than a Gulf Coast summer right now.  Bite it, Houston.

Here, really:



The ridonkulous humidity is courtesy of a big, fat storm that ripped through here this morning.  Made my 11:00 AM meeting a little more interesting at least.  Some snaps of that monsoon as it descended upon our cities:




No, really, it's about 11:00 AM here.

The ironic thing is of course that we Midwesterners have been whining for a "real" summer after 6 months of this:





Yeah.  We got summer all right.  Who's whimpering about winter now?

After living in Texas for four years, I would argue Minnesota can bake just like Texas in the middle of July, but boy, I just don't think the Lone Star State can attain a -40 degree windchill and 3 feet of snow like we can in January.  You want extreme weather?  Move here.  You like being scorched and getting frostbite?  Move here.  The only thing I can't offer you is a tsunami.

Anyway, I'll hop off my venting box now.  Next NYC post should be up this weekend.  NYC.  Where they're currently enjoying fall-like weather at 88 degrees...  :)

Images (in order of appearance):
The Weather Channel
Star Tribune / Richard Sennott
Kare 11 News / "Mark B."
My own
Kare 11 (last one)

1 comment:

Linds said...

If it makes you feel better, it's supposed to be 100 degrees in NYC tomorrow. I am headed back to the glorious beach this weekend. I am freshly addicted to Brighton Beach and the Rockaways.