Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

News of the Weird... And Some Normal Stuff, Too

As I attempt to catch up on all the emails that are running amok in my inbox, I've been coming across some good stuff besides all the "new arrivals" of clothes and accessories.  These are mostly little fashion news tidbits.  Since I'm sure the holiday weekend (for my fellow USA'ers) has left us all tired, sufficiently BBQ'ed (um, not literally of course), and laaazy, I decided I'd be short-ish and sweet today, sharing a few of my finds.

To start, a new retailer has started sending me emails.  This isn't unusual, and I'm sure retailers are sharing my address with each other in hopes of netting some of my cash.  Scottsdale, Arizona-based Lindsay Lou sells your typical boutique-y fare:  knits from Vince, cute frocks by Amanda Uprichard, and the clothes from Jen's Pirate Booty that still make me say,"Aaaarg!  Who the heck wears that?"

I had thought LL was independent, until I saw their email image on another retailer's site.  By the way, the image wins its own award for "WTH?"  I suppose they were going for sexy.  With a pretzel.  I just think it's creepy.  With a pretzel.

Here's LL's:




And here's the one from Singer22, which calls New York state home:




Boy, again, the pictures kind of ick me out.  Maybe there'll be a good ol' catfight between the retailers for image rights.  Or not.  I did check the "About Us" for each store and don't see a mention of associated stores.


OM Records, a great music label which specializes in tunes with a groovy beat (electronica, dance, hip-hop), has released a new CD that caters to the yoga crowd.  Partnering with San Fran-based Yoga Tree studio, the music is geared to accompany vinyasa/flow practices.  As someone who almost always likes to work out to tunes, I'm curious to check this out.  Might help me quit cursing the instructor for the 110th downward dog while I'm supposed to be all about peace and serenity (NOW :)




Obviously, I was tired when I glanced at this email from Lord & Taylor.  As I quickly looked over the outfit, I thought the two shoes on the left were a pair and couldn't for the life of me figure out what that salmony-colored flat was for.  So I decided it was for throwing at people.  Right?  (I'd use it).  Did I mention this weekend put me in a food-coma?  A food-coma that has apparently rendered me color-blind?





Mmm, speaking of food, Gilt Groupe has launched its epicurean-focused website.  Yeah, that's all I need.  Fashion and food regularly vie for the #1 spot in my cholesterol-clogged heart.  Here's a shot from the homepage.




They already get points for having their own "cheese & dairy" category.


And last but OMG-so-not-least, jewelry from cat hairballs.  That's right.  Someone found inspiration from something most people find, um, disgusting?  I'm not sure whether to thank or hack on Refinery29 for sharing the love.  Judging from the severely underwhelmed expression on Mr. Whisker's face, he (or she) also finds the products a bit...  odd.  Read all about it here.



Talk about organic and sustainable fashion.  Heh heh.

PASS.

Well, I can barely keep my eyes open anymore.  Time for me to toddle (or maybe waddle) off to bed (nope, I'm not about to nap at noon - I write the bulk of these on the previous night and do some last-minute next-day editing before posting...  just what you were dying to know ;)

Cheers,
M

Image credits:  images are credited by associated websites mentioned (yes, I'm also too lazy to write the list)

No comments: