Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday = Random Funny

It’s time for a quick post of random fun!  It's Friday, after all!  While the snow falls outside for like the 147th time this winter, here are some goofy images to take my mind off the eternal state of slippery roads, ice dams, and snow snow SNOW.

To start off, a couple of great pictures from a place that doesn’t see much snow – Austin, Texas.  Courtesy of the University of Texas School of Architecture’s website, with a caption that reads:  The pre-final exam tradition continues....  On Friday, December 3, between noon and 1:00 p.m., pedestrians crossing Guadalupe Street at the West Mall entrance to campus had the opportunity to grab a foam sword and battle their way to the other side. The event is organized by students in the School of Architecture.

 

I totally want to!
  


Boy, I don't remember having this opportunity while I was a student there.



Moving along, this little sweetheart appeared on my friend’s Facebook page last night.  It thoroughly made my day.



What does it mean?  No idea.  Don't need to know.


And I missed my chance to snap up this snazzy hat!  (I've been on the hunt for a great panda hat...  one that is cute but not cutesy...  and NOT one of those Spirithoods that are currently all the rage).  Found not at a boutique or some hipster arty store, but at a gas station near the Iowa/Minnesota border.  My husband actually spotted this and snapped a photo of it.  He said he nearly bought it for me.  Unfortunately, it didn't fall into my limited line of sight between the entry doors and the ladies' room, for if it had been, I'd now be sporting it, in all its kinda sketchy, random Midwest gas stationy, too-big-for-my-noggin glory.




I know, it's scary-looking.  I like that.


Well, it's time for me to depart into the wintry mix - just a quick dash across the street to a fabulous Irish bar for a friend's birthday (for whom I bought a card that says "Happy 70th Birthday!"  He's only turning half of that; I figured the card would make him feel younger and better...  right?).

I promise a return to all things fashion soon...

Happy Friday!
Maggie

Photo credits: 

UTSOA images - Mike Farmer, per the website
Raccoon and cat - my friend Laura's Facebook page (origin unknown)
Scary panda hat - my husband

   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally want a panda hat. I find that most of my favorite hats resemble stuffed animals.